top of page

Vermont To Help Displaced Vermonters Through CDBG Funds

VPR News interview with Jen Hollar, Deputy Commissioner  of the Vermont Department of Economic, Housing, & Community Development A lot of Vermonters displaced by Irene are hoping their home will be bought out by the FEMA hazard mitigation program, which pays up to 75 percent of the home’s pre-storm fair market value. Jennifer Hollar, Deputy Commissioner of the Vermont Department of Economic, Housing and Community Development, says the state is committed to helping homeowners who qualify for FEMA mitigation make up that remaining 25 percent gap. Hollar tells VPR’s Mitch Wertlieb, that even for families who don’t qualify for Hazard Mitigation, help could be available in the form of Community Development Block Grants awarded to Vermont from the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development, in a pool of money totaling more than $21 million. To listen to the VPR interview

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Out of Storm and Peril: Rental Housing Safety in Vermont

“Out of storm and manifold perils rose an enduring state, the home of freedom and unity.” These words are the epitaph printed on the gravestone of the first Governor of Vermont, Thomas Chittenden. The

Comentarios


Please visit our new Housing & Homelessness Alliance of Vermont website at www.hhav.org!

bottom of page