top of page

Vermont's CDBG Disaster Recovery Action Plan submitted to HUD

Vermont’s CDBG Disaster Recovery Action Plan was submitted to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on July 20, 2012.  The Action Plan was submitted by The Vermont Department of Economic, Housing and Community Development (DEHCD) in response to the Federal Register Notice, released on April 16, 2012, making Vermont eligible to receive $21,660,211 in HUD Disaster Recovery funding.  HUD has 45 days from the date submitted to review and approve the Action Plan.  Upon approval, expected by September 6, DEHCD will make CDBG-Disaster Recovery applications available.  DEHCD staff will be available to provide technical and application assistance.  More information on preparing and applying for CDBG-Disaster Recovery grant will be provided in the coming weeks. The final CDBG Disaster Recovery Action Plan includes several notable changes from the Draft CDBG Disaster Recovery Action Plan released by DEHCD on May 29, 2012.  These changes were significantly influenced by public participation and comments received on the Draft Plan and are summarized below.  For a complete listing of the public comments received and DEHCD’s response to the comments, please see Appendix B on page 60 of Vermont’s CDBG Disaster Recovery Action Plan.

  1. HUD has approved the use of up to $4.5 Million in Windham County out of the $17.3 Million in targeted funding. * (see chart below and Method of Distribution on page 32)

  2. $750,000 has been added to the State Direct “Buy-out” activity for the purpose of restoration and improvement of “Buy-out” properties.

  3. State Administration expenses are now proportionally allocated to the 80% targeted counties and the remaining 20% none targeted counties.

Document from Josh Hanford, Director, Vermont Community Development Program: Full Information

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Out of Storm and Peril: Rental Housing Safety in Vermont

“Out of storm and manifold perils rose an enduring state, the home of freedom and unity.” These words are the epitaph printed on the gravestone of the first Governor of Vermont, Thomas Chittenden. The


Please visit our new Housing & Homelessness Alliance of Vermont website at!

bottom of page