- Erhard Mahnke,
- Erhard has worked in housing, community development and municipal government in Vermont for more than 25 years. He has served as coordinator for the Vermont Affordable Housing Coalition since 1997. His work for the Coalition includes representing the interests of Vermont's affordable housing community at the Statehouse in Montpelier, where he also serves as legislative liaison for the City of Burlington.
Prior to working for the Coalition, Erhard was director of the Champlain Valley Mutual Housing Federation, a non-profit devoted to organizing, developing and supporting resident-controlled, limited equity housing cooperatives in and around Burlington, Vermont. He has extensive background in co-op resident organizing and low-income resident leadership development.
Erhard also spent eight years working for the City of Winooski — first as a housing rehab specialist and later as its community development director. He served on the Burlington City Council from 1986 to 1990, including one year as Council President. Erhard holds a Masters in German Literature from the University of Vermont.
- Corrine Yonce, A*VISTA Resident Organizer
November 2015-November 2016
- Corrine graduated from the University of Vermont with a double major in studio art and in English. Post graduation, she was able to really engage in the community through her employment at the local food co-op and her volunteer work at the Burlington City Arts center.
Corrine’s passion for affordable housing was spurred by her involvement with Bike & Build. Through Bike & Build, she initiated discussions and awareness about affordable housing, raised funds with her teammates to be given in grants to affordable housing organizations, and biked 4,500 miles across the country to build affordable homes.
After such an extreme and unique privilege, she is excited to be spending her next year as Americorps*VISTA. Corrine is determined to use her knowledge of fundraising, community building, and social justice to continue advocating for safe and affordable homes.
- Renee Sarao, Joint VAHC/VCEH A*VISTA Communications & Outreach Coordinator
August 2014-August 2016
- Renee is a graduate of the Tyler School of Art at Temple University in Philadelphia, PA where she earned a B.A. in Art History with a minor in Italian. During that time she was active with many community arts projects, most of which were focused on promoting cultural awareness and education in a diverse setting. Upon completion of her degree, she worked as a website and social media manager for area businesses and remained active in her community through direct service with a variety of local organizations.
Renee is pleased to apply her background in communications and media arts to working with statewide member organizations like the Vermont Affordable Housing Coalition and the Vermont Coalition to End Homelessness. She hopes to further pursue a career in social services and advocacy in the future.