3SquaresVT, the largest federal nutrition program, provides benefits to 93,000 Vermonters. On Thursday, May 29, 2014 a 3SquaresVT Outreach and Policy Conference will take place at the Red Schoolhouse at Vermont Technical College in Randolph. This conference will offer an opportunity to gain a deeper knowledge of 3SquaresVT participation processes from the DCF food and nutrition team, learn about recent and upcoming federal and state policy changes, enhance outreach skills with media and messaging, network with colleagues from across the state, and participate in focused discussions with seasoned advocates.
Register online now!
A broad range of organizations and people are invited to attend including those from community action agencies, agencies on aging, food shelves, community meal sites, schools, health clinics and hospitals, shelters, veterans organizations, housing authorities, child care centers and more.
Agenda at a Glance
8:30 – 9:00 Registration & Refreshments
9:00 – 9:30 Welcome with Hunger Free Vermont and DCF
9:30 – 10:45 Workshop Session I (choose one to attend)
- 3SquaresVT participation process – with DCF
- Expand your outreach toolkit: Tips & tools to spread the word about 3SquaresVT with free earned media and social media
- Make the most of benefits: Important income considerations and deductions for families with children
10:45 – 11:00 Break
11:00 – 12:15 Workshop Session II (choose one to attend)
- 3SquaresVT participation process – with DCF (repeat)
- Breaking down barriers: How to address stigma and bust negative myths about 3SquaresVT
- Make the Most of Your Benefits: The medical expense deduction for seniors and people with disabilities
12:15 – 1:00 Lunch & Networking (lunch provided)
1:00 – 2:00 Outreach & Application Assistance Round Tables
2:00 – 2:15 Sharing Insights For Our Work
2:15 – 3:00 Q&A with DCF Experts
3:00 – 3:15 Closing: Thank You & Evaluation
The conference day is being coordinated by Hunger Free Vermont in collaboration with the Department for Children and Families and the statewide 3SquaresVT Work Group.
Conference Fee: There is a $10 non-refundable fee to attend, which includes a light breakfast and lunch. If you have any difficulties registering or the fee is a hardship, contact Hunger Free Vermont at 802-865-0255.
Questions about registration or the agenda? Contact Angela or Faye at Hunger Free Vermont at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Space is limited, so register today to guarantee your spot!